Friday, August 21, 2020

Will you critique my landscape photos?

Darnell Cutliff: Ramma--Thank you for the input. I don't know what a leading line is or how to use one. Will you post a link to one of your photos to help me get the idea?Perki--This does help and it's taken in the spirit in which it's given. I have to chuckle about more saturation and contrast. I thought I was on the borderline of over cooking it already. The natural vegitation here is brown most of the year. This is why SoCal has bad fires every year....Show more

Delmer Pectol: I preferred the monochrome one. It leaves a lot more to the imagination in my opinion. I looked at the color one 2nd and the colors seemed to jump out a little too much and seemed to outweigh the landscape and atmosphere . The monochrome one seemed more subtle and mysterious. Cool Picture though, CG right?

Oscar Wieland: I agree your action shots are stronger than your nature photos. :DPerki and Ara have gotten you some great advice.

Peter Lapoint: Thanks in advance.Ok they look! like you stood there and thought - "I might do some landscape images." Then you raised the camera to your eye and made some snaps.Theres nothing all that compelling about the views, next time lay down and try some more kinky angles, try to make use of leading lines and so on....Show more

Roni Kurz: Your action photos are better than the landscapes. Part of the problem is you were shooting in the wrong part of the day. Overhead lighting does not make for compelling landscapes.#6281 is my favorite of the landscapes. Your subject and composition is sort of split between the fence and the road. Choose one and base the image flow on it. A lower viewpoint would improve the composition with the road.. In this light, I would prefer the fence to be prominent subject here instead. There are some interesting looking yellow plants/flowers in the background that might add some extra color and definition. The top is cropped a little too close to the treetops, leave a bit! of head room for the trees.Here is a link for beginning compo! sition, including leading lines:http://asp.photo.free.fr/Composition/photoProgramC...Here is a road shot, just for fun:http://www.flickr.com/photos/12604020@N05/35466909...As you can see, light was everything in this picture. Without the low light angle, this image would be static indeed. I will be in the San Diego area next week, so I am looking forward to some photo-ops of my own. Sometimes you can't be at a location at the perfect time to get good lighting, especially when you are traveling through unknown locations. If the light is not good, I like to concentrate on details rather than vistas.Look at good landscapes in magazines and books. "Outdoor Photographer" is a good magazine to begin with. The National Audubon Society has a good little book on landscape photography. Here is one of my favorite sites:http://www.flickr.com/photos/12604020@N05/35466909...Also Galen Rowell and Ansel Adams, of course.Continue shooting, I like what I saw. It's in you.*EDIT*Oops! ! Just noticed one of my "favorite sites" is the wrong link! Here you go instead:http://www.timecatcher.com/Sorry!...Show more

Bernadette Roel: Your sport photos are very nice, definitely your strong suit at present.I chose this image to critique http://www.flickr.com/photos/45926057@N04/45527495...First, it is slanted, so straightening it up would be a quick improvement. The road beginning in the center bottom of the image is static, a shift to one side or the other would give it better flow. A strong focal point would make the image more interesting. Even though this is not compositional, I would like to see a BIT more saturation and contrast.I help this helps and is taken in the spirit in which it is given....Show more

No comments:

Post a Comment