Saturday, July 4, 2020

what do you think about bagpipers at weddings?

Ervin Laeger: Depending on your flight cost you may just be able to squeeze in an all inclusive in the Caribbean or Mexico for that price.Loved Cancun and Aruba, was not too fond of the Dominican Republic. You can probably afford a cruise if there is one you can drive to.I am from the east coast so flight prices may vary....Show more

Hans Sachetti: well being Scottish, and live in Scotland, i may be a bit biasedbut its lovely to see a lone piper at a weddingoften seen here, and much enjoyedcongratulations!I hope your day is wonderful...Show more

Ardath Templer: Do you have to go out of the us? If not, plan something within your state or surrounding states that you haven't done. You don't have to go far away for a honeymoon. Its just a time to relax and do something fun as a married couple. A long time ago it was just to get to know the other person once you were married. Check out travel agents and see what different prices they have for surrounding area! s out of the us....Show more

Bryant Chaudhry: i would go with a pale green, it really compliments the red and the white

Toby Women: my friend is planning a wedding, she is looking for a color to go with white and crimson. her fiance does not like gold or silver. she doesn't want an overpowering color, something to add a little bit of 'something' to the red. any suggestions? i thought maybe a light pastel yellow, or a little bit of black here and there...ribbons, hair accessories, etc..

Lino Cawthorne: Annoying. You expect your guests to be impressed by that?

Toby Caswell: yucatan mexico - all inclusive. My husband and I had a blast and March is still the off-season so there are deals to be had.Check out:http://www.resortvacationstogo.com

May Stands: i have been to weddings with bag pipers and it was very cool.have fun and enjoy .

Brice Greczkowski: http://www.lowcosthoneymoons.net/Low Cost Honeymoons http://www.sidestep.com/deals-vacati! on?tk=EO9AGJXX...Vacation Deals - Cheap Vacation Packages - Si! deStep

Maynard Reevers: very traditional like but i dislike it.. they sound horrible and it will just screw up the mood during your wedding... definitely it annoys me !!

Kenneth Thuesen: My fiance are I are both students and are getting married in March. We live in N. California and are trying to find afforable honeymoon ideas. We would like to travel out of the continental U.S. and want to spend less than $2,000. Any ideas?

Micah Schwarcz: Not black. Maybe a light teal or peach.

David Boehler: chocolate brown, taupe, spring green, or go to:www.brides.commillions of links to color sites....Show more

Joel Feagler: It'n not personally for me but it's your big day and no one elses so I'd go for it! For instance we're having a choir at our wedding and that certainly wouldn't be to everyones taste.

Jude Kennelly: Maybe a little of pink.

Maritza Ebanks: Pla-tex dishwashing gloves and a cookbook

Sammy Hatzenbihler: Personally, I h! ate it - but I went to a wedding with them and people seemed to like it. Especially older people why came from Ireland, or who were very associated with Irish traditions. Good luck!

Dewey Heersink: On a cruise!!You can go to Alaska via many NW US ports, a baja cruise from southern CA ports, or to the caribbean via ports across the southern US.

Denna Prudente: such incredibly some sturdy solutions, i'm hoping Im no longer being redundant, yet while its a spring wedding ceremony, then a spring eco-friendly with an accessory of fuscia might desire to provide it a energetic cutting-factor PoP. or black and white and yellow with crrimson accents.attempt transforming into a topic or an thought to furnish you some policies to artwork interior. shop it basic and relentless, its all related to the affection...and the info!

Sharee Doak: My husband's cousin had one at their wedding, It was amazing!!! I really enoyed it the bag piper playing at the end of the cermony.! Very cool. He is of scotish descend and he was wearing the traditional! scottisch kilt.Good luck

Lupe Sancen: If it goes with your descent then that's fine... I am from Maryland and we've visited Assateague Island (you know, where the wild ponies live.. think Misty of Chincoteague) and there's a guy who plays bagpipes on the beach all the time. He's really good but it's pretty random. If the bagpiper will play some music usually associated with weddings then people should know what he's there for but you don't want people wondering who the random person is playing bagpipes after your wedding. Sorry, but I guess my experience with the random bagpipe player just makes me think that way. I think that might be one of those things where cost could determine whether or not you should do it. If it's expensive to get someone to do that then I'd just forget the idea. It's a small thing that won't really make that much of a difference. If you want it and can afford it then go for it....Show more

Cassidy Pangrazio: Fun! As long as they're not! playing TOO much. Then it would get annoying.You might consider hiring a stepdancer as entertainment, if you don't want to have regular dancing.

Rana Rudell: Honestly, I don't really care for them. I just don't like the sound they make, but if this is what you want, and you both like it, then go for it! :)

Heidi Creselious: Consdiering the theme, I think it's a great idea! Sounds like a awesome time will be had by all.Frankly, if all the wedding party are wearing kilts and your fiance is Scottish, it would seem rather surprising if you didn't have bagpipes!Have a great day and congrats!

Cherlyn Tefera: bagpipes are the worst instrument ever. I hope my neighbours don't own any bagpipes.

Eliseo Luma: I love the traditional Scottish weddings. I think it would be fab.

Cletus Makler: sort of pale peach colour maybe?

Ignacio Imbier: I used those colors for my wedding. I had white, champagne and crimson red. If they do not like champagne, bl! ack is always a nice touch to the red and white. I would stay clear of! too many pastels because they would take away from the crimson.

Morris Cuomo: I think black would go better than the yellow. Even a greyesh black color would look pretty.

Wilburn Denice: Come to Canada.. Its out of the country and you can save money..Here are some links if you would like browse through them..http://www.freshtracks.ca/?gclid=CL-S-eK55owCFQyIP...http://www.explore.canada.travel/ctc/ke/things_to_...http://www.pc.gc.ca/voyage-travel/pv-vp/itm1-/page...http://www.canadian-holiday-vacations.com/http://www.explore.canada.travel/ctc/ke/things_to_...And congratulations!!!!...Show more

Joni Ziak: You might actually be able to pull off Europe, in March, depending on the country(ies) you go to. If you can flights for $500 each, then you'd have $1000 to spend. That's $100 per day if you go for 10 days.Consider Croatia and Slovenia. Stay away from their hotels, but, look into family run "sobes" (the word for rooms) or private condos or villas. You mig! ht be able to find something for around or even under $50 per night. When I was in Slovenia 6 years ago we got a lovely room for $25 per night! It was the upstairs part of a house, very private, VERY clean. You can also consider camping. There are incredible campgrounds in Slovenia. Not sure about camping in Croatia cuz I wasn't able to try that.IN FACT. Camping anywhere in Europe will reduce your cost. You'd have to go to Greece and the other Southern Mediterranean towns just to avoid the cooler March weather.When we travelled, we had a tent and stayed in some hostels, some villas, some pensions, and some campgrounds. It was great for variety!Hostels are great too, but, if you're on your honeymoon you probably want privacy. Besides, a lot of hostels don't allow men and women (married or not) to stay in the same room, let alone the same bed. Venice was actually very funny about that.OH YA!! If you go to Slovenia or Croatia you're a very short bus ride (from Northern Sloveni! a) and a short ferry ride from Croatia to Italy!!!It is possible to get! great deals on places in any part of Europe. If you want to travel around the issue might not be rooming, it would be train/bus costs. If you want to travel around consider getting a night car and doing longer term travel over night - rooming and travel in one!FYI: the bus is generally cheaper than the train.Best of luck. Have fun!...Show more

Amina Motzer: I am not Scottish, but I had a piper at my wedding. My wife regrets not using him for her entrance, and not used more.So many people think the pipes sound horrible, and some just hate the sound, but I have to say, at my wedding, my piper was awesome. I had five referrals from guest who wanted to include my piper in their weddings, and three of them actually hired him. It totally made the ceremony and most who talk about our wedding always remember the piper.I loved it so much I became a piper. I know what most people hate, it's new and not hardworking pipers who only play as much as they have to. A good piper can ! keep the pipes in tune, a bad piper can ruin the whole thing, and upset people. I once saw a wedding wreck where the piper messed up bad, and they said his charge was nearly free, and less than a year into the pursuit. I would have never hired the guy not really understanding the pipes. It takes seven years and seven generations to make a piper (really just years).And it still goes today, when I first brought out my pipes at my home, all the neighbors worried. Now they get mad if I miss an outdoor performance that I do mid day, to sometimes in the evening. One neighbor is military and he religiously takes his flag down every night. When I play Amazing Grace (one of the most simple of easiest tunes), he loves it. He spends the extra time folding. Now my neighbors want me to play for their parties, and a police officer down the street wants to have me come out to some of their ceremonies. He said every time he hears me, he just cannot believe the sound and power. He said that! he hated him until I came along, and that blew up my ego a bit, but th! ere is something to be said about good piping. It inspires most, and why the Scot use them to march their soldiers into battle. When they are live, they are 200% more impressive than recorded, or on video.This will make your wedding that much more awesome for you and your spouse, and all your guest. They will be talking about it for some time to come. Just remember to have the ceremony recorded so you get to see everything. Sometimes you miss the little things the piper does for your audience. Talk to your video person and try to get the reactions of your guest. My piper scared everyone when he came in because most did not know he was coming. I am a Texan so I got married in a long tuxes and cowboy hats. Family tradition for many generations, not just being stereotypical Texans, or wannabes. I regret not putting my wedding party in that, and then going in a Kilt. I had been listening to pipe music for 15 years before I got married, and had romantic notions about kilts and p! ipes, the only things I love so much, so much that makes me very cultured as a Scot, but actually celtic in two other tribes, Irish and Galician (Spanish Celts).I suspect that had more people who commented about your question been and seen real pipers, in a special occasion like your wedding would still have such negative opinions. Some just might hate them, but most are told that they are too much, too crazy, nasty sounding and all. I know this because when people come face to face with one, see and feel the power, they are hooked. Most are lucky if they see them in parades where pipes can go out of tune after 30 minutes of strong playing. If any element of the weather changes in a moment, wind, moisture or anything, they will go out of tune so fast, it could scare banshees. That's why it's important for the piper to come to the your church for about 10 minutes before playing, if he is doing a long set of tuns, and let the pipes settle. Sometimes a few short aires is not e! nough to change much, but if goes into something long, it could get a b! it off as his performance goes. If he is good, he will know what to do....Show more

Burt Cheevers: Congrats!India is a great honeymoon destination and March is an excellent time to visit India. For $2,000 you can have a royal honeymoon at India as the cost of living in India is much lower compared to other countries. http://www.travelpaisa.com/honeymoon/ has shortlisted excellent Honeymoon destinations with contact details of the resort owners. A week's stay should cost under $1,000 and the destinations and resorts shortlisted are excellent bets...Show more

Terrell Voltz: Hawaii is expensive: airfare, hotel, car, food....but oh so gorgeous. Ok, back to Earth. Where do you live? Are you close enough to drive to the beach and stay at a budget motel? If not the beach...then betwee the two of you, select a place you both like. Do you both enjoy camping? That is low cost, well lower than motel/hotel and airfare!

Elbert Donatelli: What season is the wedding? If ! its fall then a dark brown would go nice.Winter black and red are very classic an elegant.Spring and summer the pale yellow.Hard to say. Take fabric swatches of the definite red that she love and go to bridal and tux stores to see were you can add another color and what color looks nice. Davids bridal has a website that lets you dress up your whole party in all colors . Try it out....Show more

Isaias Badgley: The colors should be crimson and cream....or off-white. Third colors are tacky. or do birthstone colors?

Jorge Detlefs: You want to travel outside the US, but do you have your passports? You need them to get into even Mexico now. Your best bet might be to take a cruise somewhere. They have cheaper three day cruises for under $300. Maybe you'll get lucky and people will chip in towards your honeymoon so you can spend a little more.

Amina Motzer: Sorry but if he is marrying you he must know your hobbies and likes and dislikes right? My hubby got ! me a pair of pearl earrings ( studs) that I wore on our wedding day and! wear for special occasions and anniversaries.I also lend them to brides because I call them my lucky earrings having been married for over 30 years !

Becky Mosena: He is a teacher and I got him a Fossil Leather bag for his to use for all his papers, and grading materials. He had been using a cheap one for a long time, so i wanted to get him something nice. He loves the one I got him around $160.00. He asking me what I want and I have no idea! Any good wedding gifts that are for the wife2B?

Solomon Belback: We already do a lot of traveling by car around where we live, so we are looking to do something new - we really want to go to Europe but I don't know if we could pull that off with $2,000...neither one of us has had a real vacation in over 5 years, so we want this one to be really great, especially since it's our honeymoon!

No comments:

Post a Comment