Sunday, May 17, 2020

Do you prefer having your higher education in Lebanon or abroad?

Ruby Martis: I'm doing my Business degree in Connecticut next year, right now I'm stuck in Dubai.

Tommy Durrenberger: i finished my higher education at the end of 2011. Thank God..editjust checked my uni is in the top 50 in the world... but wtf, when i was there it didn't feel like a top 50 uni!! (other articles say top 60..meh, whatever)rankings don't really tell the full story....Show more

Omar Phipps: Well abroad I would have to say, I've studied up to year 10 in Lebanon and then done my last 2 years at school in the uk.Now im doing my higher education in London and I do prefer it according to the things I hear about from freinds and family in LebP.s. at school I only had to study what I want ( 5 subjects) in Lebanon u would be obliged to study the whole curriculum...Show more

Armanda Hertel: No; the best Lebanese university is AUB, which has a 1200 worldwide rank and the second best is LAU which has a 3500 worldwide rank...So no...

Lionel Tanen! : lebanon's universities are excellent and the degrees they give you are accepted worldwide .... But personally i prefer continuing my higher education abroad for numerous reasons .... Unfortunately , i can't so i will start my engineering studies here in lebanon the next year ....

Jene Licausi: im the opposite of everyone. i love lebanon i want to go to AUB but if i think properly about this... canada would be the better choice so in the end ill be studying in canada :(

Faviola Dewire: university education in lebanon is very good, and almost all big universities now area accredited which is a plus.i had my engineering degree in lebanon, but to be honest, if i had the choice, i would have chosen to do it abroad like in the UK, US.reasons for it...well universities in lebanon are becoming more and more about politics then it is about education....i remember it was all working towards the student election all year, working to get the aounist win the election or th! e lebanese forces whatever stupid thing.inno i dont care about! this, i want my future and my education, what do i get if aounist or lebanese forces won the elections at uni...parties? more manifestations?...that is one reason..the other unfortunately, involves bigger opportunities, studying abroad gets you automatic preference to get a certain job over other people who studied in lebanon regardless of grades or university...even in lebanon they would still favour you and give u a better salary just because u had the privilege to study abroad...its pathetic really...our universities are just as good..the only part which i thnk universities abroad are better at is that they are more practical then they are theoretical..and more importantly its a university and nto a hang out to go pick up girls and waste time in cafeteria talking abt politics and ur next manifestation and what some politician said last nightand that is basically why almost all lebanese excel in universities abroad...we have the wit and the brains...we just need the perf! ect atmosphere...Show more

Marquetta Gimm: If i had a choice i would go to Canada and study medicine so i could be a pediatrician what about u ?

Mohamed Szollosi: I'm still in high school.But I plan on getting my bachelor's degree from Lebanon hopefully, and I'm thinking of coming back to the U.S to get my masters.

Aubrey Tirri: i did it in lebanon

No comments:

Post a Comment